Mallory D Witt, MD
Professor of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
Vice Chair for Inpatient Service, Department of Medicine, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
Associate Chief, Division of HIV Medicine, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
Director, HIV & Immunology Clinics, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
HIV Medicine Research
Research DescriptionDr. Witt is a site Principal Investigator in the Multicenter AIDS Cohort Study, following of a large cohort of HIV infected and uninfected patients for rates of acquisition of HIV, complications of HIV and its therapies including cardiovascular, metabolic, renal, CNS and hepatic diseases as well as rates and risk factors for acquisition of hepatitis B and C. As a co-investigator for the AIDS Clinical Trials Group (ACTG), Dr. Witt has contributed to national and international multicenter trials of antiretroviral therapies in HIV-infected patients and pregnant women; management of complications of HIV therapy; and the safety and efficacy of vaccines in HIV-infected patients.
- MD, 1985, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA
Recent and/or Significant Publications
- Falade-Nwulia O, Seaberg EC, Snider AE, Rinaldo CR, Phair J, Witt MD, Thio CL. Incident hepatitis B virus infection in HIV-infected and HIV-uninfected men who have sex with men from pre-HAART to HAART periods: a cohort study: Ann Intern Med 2015;163:673-80
- Kelly SG, Plankey M, Post WS, Li X, Stall R, Jacobson LP, Witt MD, Kingsley L, Cox C, Budoff M, Palella FJ Jr. Associations between tobacco, alcohol, and drug use with coronary artery plaque among HIV-infected and uninfected men in the Multicenter AIDS Cohort Study. PLoS One 2016;11(1):e0147822
- Thomas GP, Li X, Post WS, Jacobson LP, Witt MD, Brown TT, Kingsley LA, Phari JP, Palella FJ Jr. Associations between antiretroviral use and subclinical coronary atherosclerosis. AIDS 2016;23:30:2477-2486
- Jotwani V, Scherzer R, Estrella MM, Jacobson LP, Witt MD, Palella F, Ho K, Bennett M, Parikh CR, Ix JH, Shlipak MG. Association of HIV infection with biomarkers of kidney injury and fibrosis in the Multicenter AIDS Cohort Study. Antivir Ther 2017 Jan 5 [Epub ahead of print]
- Zhang L, Tin A, Brown TT, Margolick JB, Witt MD, Palella FJ Jr, Kingsley LA, Hoofnagle AN, Jacobson LP, Abraham AG. Vitamin D deficiency and metabolism in HIV-infected and HIV-uninfected men in the Multicenter AIDS Cohort Study. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 2017:33:261-270.