by the Numbers
- 100+ internationally recognized research groups
- 600 ongoing research projects
- 150 grants from federal sources (NIH and DoD) support our researchers
- 500+ peer-reviewed articles in prestigious medical and scientific journals annually
- 200 patents and 15 new filings annually
- 11 companies spun off in the past 10 years to bring LA BioMed discoveries to the bedside
JUST THE FACTS
- LA BioMed is one of the foremost independent, non-profit research institutes in the U.S.
- You have likely benefited at some point in your life from an LA BioMed innovation.
- We developed the training for (and coined the term) "Paramedics"
- The profession of Nurse Practitioner had its beginning on our campus
- We have generated new paradigms, diagnostics, therapies, and devices, in use all over the world.
- We take on the challenge of devising treatments for debilitating and fatal rare inherited diseases.