Spend the summer working with leading biomedical scientists.
Established in 1978, LA BioMed’s Summer Fellowship Program is designed to encourage graduating high school seniors and high school juniors to explore careers in the field of biomedical science. Students in the program will:
- Spend eight weeks gaining laboratory or clinical research experience under the mentorship of LA BioMed Investigators.
- Interact with MDs, PhD investigators, Research Associates, and postdoctoral fellows.
- Participate in weekly lecture series presented by world-renowned faculty.
- Attend additional institutional lectures, departmental conferences, and lab meetings.
- Present their summer research to peers, family, and research community during the final week of the program, and receive Certificates of Achievement.
Students will participate in research areas such as:
|Cancer||Interventional Preventive Cardiology||Neuroscience|
|Clinical and Outcomes Research||Metabolic Disorders||Psychiatric Disorders|
|COPD/Pulmonary Rehabilitation||Neonatology||Regenerative Medicine/Stem Cells|
|Genetics/Genomics/Personalized Medicine||Nephrology||Reproductive Health|
|Infectious Diseases||Neurological Disorders||Vascular Disease and Hypertension|
Fellowship Period and Amount of Funding
Fellowships begin on Monday, June 18, 2018 and continue through Friday, August 10, 2018. Students will work full-time and receive a total stipend of $2,200 for uninterrupted participation in the program.
Students will be selected on the basis of merit. In order to be eligible for consideration, a student must:
- Current enrollment in a Los Angeles County or Orange County high school.
- Current enrollment as a high school senior graduating in 2018, or a high school junior graduating in 2019.
- Demonstrated outstanding general academic achievement with particular focus on science coursework.
- Ability to participate full-time in all program activities during the eight-week period (June 18, 2018 through August 10, 2018, generally from 8 AM to 5 PM). College tours/orientations and vacations should be scheduled so as to avoid any conflicts.
- If you anticipate a conflict with any of the dates as listed above, please contact the Education Office at email@example.com.
To apply go to http://labiomed.org/summer-fellowship-application.
Completed applications must be submitted by Wednesday, March 21, 2018.