William W Stringer, MD
Professor of Medicine, Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Exercise Intolerance and Dyspnea
Research DescriptionDr. Stringer studies focus on improving exercise capacity in patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) with devices, medications, behavioral therapy, and exercise rehabilitation.
- BA, 1979, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA
- MD, 1984, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA
Recent and/or Significant Publications
- Principles of exercise testing and interpretation: including pathophysiology and clinical applications. Karlman Wasserman, James E Hansen, Darryl Y Sue, William W Stringer, Brian J Whipp. Publication date 2005. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- W.W. Stringer, J. E. Hansen, and K. Wasserman. Cardiac output estimated non-invasively from oxygen uptake (VO2) during exercise. J. Appl. Physiol. 82:908-912, 1997.
- W.W. Stringer, K. Wasserman, R. Casaburi, K. Maehara, J. Pórszász, and W. French. Lactic acidosis as a facilitator of oxyhemoglobin dissociation during exercise. J. Appl. Physiol. 76:1462-1467, 1994.