Spend the summer working with leading biomedical scientists.
Established in 1978, LA BioMed’s Summer Fellowship Program is designed to encourage graduating high school seniors and high school juniors to explore careers in the field of biomedical science. Students in the program will:
- Spend eight weeks gaining laboratory or clinical research experience under the mentorship of LA BioMed Investigators.
- Interact with MDs, PhD investigators, Research Associates, and postdoctoral fellows.
- Participate in weekly lecture series presented by world-renowned faculty.
- Attend additional institutional lectures, departmental conferences, and lab meetings.
- Present their summer research to peers, family, and research community during the final week of the program, and receive Certificates of Achievement.
Students will participate in research areas such as:
|Cancer||Interventional Preventive Cardiology||Neuroscience|
|Clinical and Outcomes Research||Metabolic Disorders||Psychiatric Disorders|
|COPD/Pulmonary Rehabilitation||Neonatology||Regenerative Medicine/Stem Cells|
|Genetics/Genomics/Personalized Medicine||Nephrology||Reproductive Health|
|Infectious Diseases||Neurological Disorders||Vascular Disease and Hypertension|
Fellowship Period and Amount of Funding
Fellowships begin on Monday, June 19, 2017 and continue through Friday, August 11, 2017. Students will work full-time and receive a total stipend of $2,200 for uninterrupted participation in the program.
Students will be selected on the basis of merit. In order to be eligible for consideration, a student must:
- Be a year 2017 high school graduate or completing the junior year of high school in Los Angeles County or Orange County.
- Have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement in their science coursework.
- Agree to participate full-time in fellowship activities throughout the eight-week period, from June 19th, 2017 through August 11th, 2017; please contact the Office of Educational Opportunities regarding the accommodation of minimal scheduling conflicts.
Please note: If selected, you must work around the program schedule when making arrangements for college tours/orientations and vacations. Failure to do so will result in dismissal from the program.
To apply go to http://labiomed.org/summer-fellowship-application.
Completed applications must be submitted by Wednesday, March 22, 2017.
For more information, contact:
Office of Educational Opportunities
Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute
1124 West Carson Street, Building N-14
Torrance, CA 90502-2064
Email: email@example.com / Phone: 310-974-9596