Ruey-Kang Chang, MD
Professor in Residence of Pediatrics, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
Chief, Division of Pediatric Cardiology at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
Medical device, health services research, outcomes studies
Research DescriptionDr. Chang is the Founder and CEO of QT Medical, Inc., which specializes in cardiodiagnostic devices, and NeoVative, Inc., which focuses on wearable medical technologies. QT Medical was funded by the National Heart Lung Blood Institute of NIH to develop an electrocardiogram (ECG) system for screening newborns for a potentially deadly disease called the long QT syndrome. NeoVative was also funded by the National Heart Lung Blood Institute of NIH to develop the “Asthmagram”—a wearable device for objective assessment of asthma symptoms and therapeutic controls of children with asthma.
- MD, 1991, National Taiwan University, College of Medicine, Taipei
- MPH, 1993, University of California, Los Angeles, CA
Recent and/or Significant Publications
- Chang R-KR, Lan YT, Silka MJ, Morrow H, Kwong A, Smith-Lang J, Wallerstein R, Lin HJ. Genetic variants for long QT syndrome among infants and children with sensorineural hearing loss. Journal of Pediatrics 2014 Mar;164(3):590-595.e1-3.
- Pruetz JD, Carroll C, Trento LU, Chang R-KR, Detterich J, Miller DA, Sklansky M. Outcomes of Critical Congenital Heart Disease Requiring Emergent Neonatal Cardiac Intervention. Prenatal Diagnosis 2014;34(12):1127-32.
- Phan DQ, Silka MJ, Lan YT, Chang RK-R. Comparison of various formulas for determination of the QTc interval in infants and children less than six years old. J Pediatrics 2015;166(4):960-4.e1-2.