Kelly D Young, MD
Director, Pediatric and Pain Management Education, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
Health Sciences Clinical Professor, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
Pain management for children
Research DescriptionDr. Young's primary research interest is in alleviating the pain and distress children experience when undergoing medical procedures. She studies post-traumatic stress symptomatology in children undergoing painful medical procedures in the pediatric emergency department.
- BS, 1987, University of California, Davis
- MD, 1991, University of California, Irvine
- MS, 2002, University of California, Los Angeles, School of Public Health, Epidemiology
Recent and/or Significant Publications
- Young KD on behalf of the SAEM Grants Committee. Productivity and Career Paths of Previous Recipients of SAEM Research Grant Awards. Academic Emergency Medicine, 2008;15(6):560-6.
- Farley H, Casaletto J, Ankel F, Young KD, Hockberger R. An assessment of the faculty development needs of junior clinical faculty in emergency medicine. Academic Emergency Medicine 2008; 15(7):664-8.
- Herman A, Young KD, Espitia D, Fu N, Farshidi A. Impact of a Health Literacy Intervention on Pediatric Emergency Department Use. Pediatric Emergency Care 2009; 25(7):434-8.
- Brindis SL, Gausche-Hill M, Young KD, Putnam B. Universally poor outcomes of pediatric traumatic arrest: A prospective case series and review of the literature. Pediatr Emer Care 2011;27:616-621.