Antipsychiatrics & Antidepressants
Research DescriptionDr. Burgoyne's primary clinical research focus involves second generation antipsychotics, many novel antidepressants, and some anxiolytics. Multicentered projects include CATIE and STAR-D. His more recent research efforts have focused on the prediction of antidepressant responses using quantitative EEG measurements.
- BS, University of Southern California
- MD, University of Southern California School of Medicine
Recent and/or Significant Publications
- Leuchter Andrew F, Cook Ian A, Marangell Lauren B, Gilmer William S, Burgoyne Karl S, Howland Robert H, Trivedi Madhukar H, Zisook Sidney, Jain Rakesh, McCracken James T, Fava Maurizio, Iosifescu Dan, Greenwald Scott Comparative effectiveness of biomarkers and clinical indicators for predicting outcomes of SSRI treatment in Major Depressive Disorder: results of the BRITE-MD study Psychiatry research, 2009; 169(2): 124-31.
- Leuchter Andrew F, Cook Ian A, Gilmer William S, Marangell Lauren B, Burgoyne Karl S, Howland Robert H, Trivedi Madhukar H, Zisook Sidney, Jain Rakesh, Fava Maurizio, Iosifescu Dan, Greenwald Scott Effectiveness of a quantitative electroencephalographic biomarker for predicting differential response or remission with escitalopram and bupropion in major depressive disorder Psychiatry research, 2009; 169(2): 132-8.
- Ananth Jambur, Burgoyne Karl S, Niz David, Smith Michael Tardive dyskinesia in 2 patients treated with ziprasidone Journal of psychiatry & neuroscience : JPN, 2004; 29(6): 467-9.