John Tsuang, MD
Clinical Professor at the Department of Psychiatry, Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA.
Director, Dual Diagnosis Treatment Program, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
Dual Diagnosis and Pharmacological Trials
Research DescriptionDr. Tsuang’s research interests focus on the pharmacological treatment and psychosocial rehabilitation for dual diagnosis patients. He has developed a comprehensive treatment program for dual diagnosis patients at Harbor-UCLA.
- BS, Wheaton College, Wheaton, IL
- MD, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
Recent and/or Significant Publications
- Yeh Paul, Walters Arthur S, Tsuang John W. Restless legs syndrome: a comprehensive overview on its epidemiology, risk factors, and treatment. Sleep Breath. 2012 Dec;16(4):987-1007. doi: 10.1007/s11325-011-0606-x. Epub 2011 Oct 26.
- Tsuang, J., Pi, E: Substance Abuse Among Asians and Pacific Islanders, A Chapter in Substance Abuse: A Comprehensive Textbook (Fourth Edition) Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, p1113-1118, 2004.
- Tsuang John W, Fong T W, Ho Andrew P. Dual diagnosis and treatment compliance. Psychiatric services (Washington, D.C.), 2003; 54(4): 576.